Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Birthday Lion

My Emily turns 7 on Tuesday. Seven. That's, like, a real person - no way I can get away with calling her a toddler, or even a truly little girl. Sigh.


She requested a stuffed, knitted lion. She helped pick out the colors, but then as far as she knows, I haven't had any more time to work on it...


I hope she likes it!


Details:
Pattern from Kath Dalmeny's World of Knitted Toys. Used Peaches 'n' Creme dishcloth cotton for the body (about one ball of yellow and 1/2 ball of off-white), and about 3/4 a hank of Araucania Pehuen in the Peach/Apricot/Strawberry colorway for the mane. Random scraps for the face and toes, and black glittery fabric paint on the paws.

5 comments:

Triona said...

That is adorable! I love the fabric paint idea, too. What a great keepsake!

Wendy said...

It is absolutely adorable!

And, looking through the other pix, I'd like one of everything, please.

:)

Unknown said...

I love love love it! I am sure Emily will too!!! Happy Birthday to Miss Emily! I miss you!

Lisa said...

He is adorable. I want one.

Margot said...

Awwwwww, so precious. It reminds me of a lion I had when I was a little one.