Monday, July 16, 2007

Kepler... sort of

Finally! Hooray! A finished project!

Kepler from Fathom Harvill.

Unfortunately, it's not looking, in real life, the way it looked in my head. I substituted yarn, from a wool to an angora-viscose blend... very pretty yarn, but not what the pattern called for.

I think, someday, I'll remake it, as the designer intended. But, for now, it's okay. And I've completed a whole sweater, all by myself.

The full view:


Sleeve/waistband detail:


The ubiquitous headless sweater shot:


Now... off to work on Willem's Aran sweater. I have nothing else to distract myself with, no other excuses for putting it off works in progress.




But!

In very exciting news!

My sister Mary turned to me, this evening, and said those magic words that every knitter longs to hear.

"I want you to teach me how to knit."

And so it begins.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome!

And you are looking svelter and svelter these days!

Unknown said...

:clap: Very nice work, Kate!! But next time you take a pic in front of your fridge, would you please move over to the right a little? I wanna see your water dispenser ;) :rofl:

But seriously, your sweater is absolutely beautiful!! You are very gifted!!

Yay for Mary knitting!! WoooHooo!!

Unknown said...

It is sooooo pretty!!! And WTG for getting M started in knitting.

Emily said...

It looks great! Good job, and nice to see my pattern is still getting some action!!

Aitara said...

very nice! congrats! are you bringing it thursday for oohs and aahs?

Stefaneener said...

Nice refrigerator! That sweater looks very comfy, and I'm a sucker for cables. Congratulations. I think you get to bask for a bit before starting a new one.

Sara said...

I had a feeling Mary wouldn't be able to hold out forever! I love the sweater, and I'm feeling more and more inspired to try a cable sometime soon. And that gives me the perfect excuse to go yarn shopping!