Monday, March 5, 2007

Sara, Goddess of Felting...

...totally deserves a shout-out and I totally forgot to do so until now. She suggested, in a comment, that a felted object can be loosened if soaked in white vinegar and then washed out and reblocked. I'm not totally 100% convinced it was the vinegar that did it, only because I haven't tried any other methods yet (like just plain water), but she gets credit for raising the idea that a felted object CAN be loosened in some way... thereby doing very nice things for the final, finished product which is my sister's bag.

Which I don't have pictures of yet, in its fully-finished form. Must remember to take some before I mail it off...

1 comment:

Sara said...

GLlad to know you could work it into something you liked more.

Jacob is such a handsome little guy (post below), and while I won't pretend to have any idea how math worked into knitting the scarf and hat, I like the finished product a lot. Nice work!