Monday, March 5, 2007

Evidence of Addiction

On Thursday night, I wanted to knit, but by the time I could start something I was so exhausted from the previous few days (work, child with projective vomit, you know... the usual) that I didn't dare work on Willem's sweater or Nisa's scarf, both of which require some minimal level of attention and focus. So instead I decided to throw together a quick hat for Willem, with a matching scarf... and what with him being a math geek and all, it seemed that the only appropriate scarf pattern, when keeping in mind the constraints of "simple" and "quick," would involve the Fibonacci sequence of rows to create the stripe pattern. The hat is a simple pattern off the back of a yarn wrapper, knitted on flat needles in a 2x2 rib and then stitched together. Three days later, viola! Math chic!




It wouldn't have taken three days to knit, but on Friday night we suddenly remembered that Jacob had a birthday party to attend on Saturday, and the weather was crappy so we didn't feel like going out then. So instead I adapted the same hat pattern and a simple flat-knit mitten pattern to make a toddler-sized set. And, of course, I had to use my in-house toddler-sized model to size them, but we don't let him stay up till midnight... so I had to take advantage of his ability to sleep like a rock, and I snuck in his room, accosted him with knitwear, and then took pictures. Just because I could.



I also took awake-pictures the next day, just because I could.

No comments: