Sunday, February 25, 2007

Awwwwwwww...

A baby. And oh, yeah, by the way, there's a sweater on her!

I made the sweater based very loosely on some pattern or other - maybe this one - but only used it for the basic length/width measurements. Knitted with a soft 100% acrylic, which is not my favorite but with babies it has to be machine-washable! I wanted something simple, with cables, and baby-appropriate, and this is what I ended up with: (The sweater. Someone else made the baby.)


I also made a simple garter-stitch scarf for the lovely Lisa in Australia, for her February birthday. It's far too warm for her NOW, but with luck she'll get some use out of it while we're all sweating through another New England summer. I used a ribbon yarn and a fine mohair held together, which made a very pretty fabric that is totally unlike either of the component yarns. Isn't yarn great?

No comments: