Monday, February 26, 2007

On the Needles

In an effort to bolster my own confidence, because I'd really like me to just work away on these things instead of finding new projects to start, here's all I have on the needles at the moment:

  • Willem's fisherman's sweater.
    Someday, I want to make one with much more intricate, braided cables, but I thought that for a first effort I should keep the pattern a bit more manageable on the theory that this way I might actually finish it. I can't remember when I casted on; around the end of January, call it the 30th. So, if it took a month for the front, then I should finish the whole thing by.... May? I hope.


  • Nisa's scarf. Started last Sunday, 2/18. I'd guess I'm about 1/6 of the way done, give or take a bit. I plan on just knitting to the end of the yarn, unless that creates a 10-foot-long scarf. I'm following this pattern, but with much finer yarn, so it's on small needles and coming out narrower. Very soft and snuggly... I will give it to her, honest and truly, I will...

    The front:

    The back:


  • And another version of the same scarf, which has sort of stalled, largely because I don't know who I'll give it to and the coloring isn't good for me (I can't get away with olive green, unless the motif I'm going for is Early Jaundice). Maybe if I had a target in mind, I'd get fired up about it.

    I love that this pattern has such different appearances on the front and back:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola lovely!

I'm still stuck on "I want to make one with much more intricate, braided cables". That, my friend, is a real lesson in perspective because it looks pretty intricate to me! Beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Hola lovely!

I'm still stuck on "I want to make one with much more intricate, braided cables". That, my friend, is a real lesson in perspective because it looks pretty intricate to me! Beautiful. :)

N. said...

mine! :D